Perfectly Pieced Quilt Backs by Kelly Young
Learn how to make your quilt backs just as beautiful as the fronts!
- Complete guide to learning how to make stunning pieced quilt backings using either fabric scraps or yardage
- 30 beginner-friendly designs for quilt backs, organized by type of fabrics used — half the designs use up your scraps while the other half uses stash and yardage
- Step-by-step instructions, coordinating diagrams, and materials and cutting lists for three different quilt sizes for each of the designs: Lap, Twin XL, and Queen
- 18 downloadable quilt front patterns that coordinate with all 30 back designs are included as a bonus
- Finishing instructions for choosing batting, basting layers, stitching layers, trimming, and binding, plus overviews on quilt back basics
About the Author
Kelly Young is a quilter, pattern designer, and quilt teacher who is just as known for the backs of her quilts as she is for the front. Nearly every quilt in her collection is finished with a pieced backing, lending an unexpected design element to the flip side, making her the perfect mentor in the industry to learn from!
Learn more about my take on piecing quilt backs – Interesting Quilt Backs
Other than my own patterns, quilt labels, and other printable designs – many of the items in my shop link to Amazon. Those prices change (often for the better) and Amazon provides great detail and reviews for every item. I can search out and offer you the best of the best items in each category – without having to stock that item on my physical shelves. This saves you the time and energy of having to search out these items on your own.
Will I earn a small commission – should you decide to make a purchase? Maybe, I hope so. Does that change the price you pay for each item? Not in any way – you only pay the listed price for any item you choose to purchase.
Here’s the other benefit – Free Shipping is always available with an order of just $25.00 minimum for Amazon orders and delivery is normally very quick.