Scrappy Improv Quilting by Kelly Young – a step-by-step guide to selecting and combining your scraps into beautiful projects.
Do you have a pile of “too pretty to toss” scraps left over from other projects? Me too! I have to admit that the completely unorganized scrappy style is outside of my comfort zone (and I’m fine with that). It’s also true that I love the look of a quilt that includes a lot of variety in the fabrics – it creates a lot of interest. That’s why this book Scrappy Improv Quilting got my attention. Author Kelly Young takes a more structured approach to creating beautiful projects with scraps. That works for me!
- The complete guide breaks down the improvisation quilting technique on a smaller scale to make it more approachable
- 22 mini quilt designs that allow you to test various ideas using scraps, resulting in adorable little quilts that are great for gifting and decorating
- Step-by-step instructions and coordinating photography for improv piecing, with tutorials on selecting and combining scraps
- Over 300 photos, illustrations, and diagrams to take you through every project and technique
- For any skill level, perfect for both beginner and advanced quilters to practice your skills and gain the confidence to try larger improv quilts
- Author Kelly Young is a talented quilter, designer, owner of My Quilt Infatuation, and author of Stash Statement
Grab your scrap collection and learn the versatile and playful technique of structured improvisation!
Other than my own patterns, quilt labels, and other printable designs – most of the items in my shop link to Amazon. Those prices change (often for the better) and Amazon provides great detail and reviews for every item. I can search out and offer you the best of the best items in each category – without having to stock that item on my physical shelves. This saves you the time and energy of having to search out these items on your own.
Will I earn a small commission – should you decide to make a purchase? Maybe, I hope so. Does that change the price you pay for each item? Not in any way – you only pay the listed price for any item you choose to purchase.
Here’s the other benefit – Free Shipping is always available with an order of just $25.00 minimum for Amazon orders and delivery is normally very quick.