Stitched Photo Mosaic Quilting
Turn your favorite photos into one-of-a-kind quilts with Stitched Photo Mosaic Quilting!
- Easy-to-follow project guide to creating stunning portrait quilts by taking any image or photo and breaking it down into small components
- 6 step-by-step quilt projects of a blue daisy, rhubarb leaf, dog, cat, chicken, and bearded iris, to help you become familiar with the process
- Intermediate to advanced quilters will build skills by learning an approachable, super simple grid patchwork and appliqué technique to create personalized quilts
- Easy grid-focused instructions make the technique achievable for all quilters and sewing enthusiasts
- Design your own patterns using what you’ve learned and accomplished, from photo to finish quilt
From Photograph to Finished Quilt
Stitched Photo Mosaic Quilting is a unique, approachable guide that will show you how to transform special photos into works of mosaic art with fabric. Filled with insightful, skill-building sections on getting started, color and fabric choices, composition, construction techniques, troubleshooting, finishing, and more. You’ll practice with two super simple beginner designs to help you get started. Then, try four step-by-step projects with original photos and grid templates — each a bit more challenging. The projects are divided into manageable, bite-size pieces, to help you develop your own take on this unique style.
This visually appealing project book offers detailed guidance on the basics and essentials to know before you begin. Includes technique tutorials on how to grid a photo, make a template, finish a quilt, and other skills. You can use what you’ve learned and accomplished to go on and design your own photo-inspired quilt patterns!
About the Author
Author Timna Tarr is an award-winning quilter and designer for Studio E Fabrics. She is known for her quilt style of using photographs. Her work has been showcased in The Quilt Show, Quilting Arts TV, and many other magazines and books.
Other than my own patterns, quilt labels, and other printable designs – most of the items in my shop link to Amazon. Those prices change (often for the better) and Amazon provides great detail and reviews for every item. I can search out and offer you the best of the best items in each category – without having to stock that item on my physical shelves. This saves you the time and energy of having to search out these items on your own.
Will I earn a small commission – should you decide to make a purchase? Maybe, I hope so. Does that change the price you pay for each item? Not in any way – you only pay the listed price for any item you choose to purchase.
Here’s the other benefit – Free Shipping is always available with an order of just $25.00 minimum for Amazon orders and delivery is normally very quick.