Fusing 101 – How to Work with Fusible Web to Create Art Quilts (Online Class)
After decades of creating fused art quilts, Laura Wasilowski has learned from every mistake in the book! She shares the best methods and tips to help you avoid common mistakes in this class and make your fused art quilt journey a success. Quilting novices can easily follow along, and more experienced quilters can reap the valuable tips and tricks years of experience have granted Laura. Fused collage or fused appliqué is a simple, direct quilt medium and a fast, easy way to compose and execute a piece of artwork.
The class begins with an overview of fusible web brands and fabrics for fusing so you can gather the supplies you need. Next, Laura breaks down the process of fusing fabric and joining multiple fused fabrics. Learn how to correctly and safely clean and use an iron and several cutting tools. By the end of the course, you will be stitching together a fused quilt using a pattern included in the course.
- Fused collage or fused appliqué lends itself to improvisation and allows you to explore and develop your style.
- Learn about the different fabric types to use in your artwork and how to transfer fusible web to the fabric.
- Understand how to join fused fabrics and how scrim on batting affects your completed design.
- Learn about the importance of “fuse-tacking” to keep your quilt from being stiff and difficult to stitch.
- Get an overview on steam setting the quilt to batting and preparing it for hand stitching.
- Includes access to course videos, downloads, the Creative Spark private community, and discussion with your instructor. Your course content does not expire.
+ Get a bonus video tutorial on transferring a pattern to a fused fabric, including a free downloadable pattern for your use and practice.
+ Completion of this course grants you a certificate from the Chicago School of Fusing.
Other than my own patterns, quilt labels, and other printable designs – most of the items in my shop link to affiliate partners – in this case – CT Publishing. Working with partners – I can search out and offer you the best of the best items in each category – without having to stock that item on my physical shelves. This saves you time and the energy of having to search out these items on your own.
Will I earn a small commission – should you decide to make a purchase? Maybe, I hope so. Does that change the price you pay for each item? Not in any way – you only pay the listed price for any item you choose to purchase.